Banking & Financial Services
With Altilia’s Intelligent Process Automation solutions for Banking and Financial Services you can:
- Turn large volume of industry specific and alternative data into actionable insights.
- Get hundreds of data points, alpha signals, and events from news sites, social media, and corporate financial documents.
- Improve leads generation, increases client loyalty, enable cross and up selling.
- Boost employee productivity and enhance them risk mitigation, surveillance, and internal audit processes.
ESG Research Automation
The ESG field is evolving and rapidly growing in significance. Both institutional and retail investors are increasingly incorporating ESG factors into the investment process alongside traditional financial analysis. MSCI sought technologies capable of automating and speeding-up the ESG data collection process making it wider, deeper, timely, granular, and accurate.
Altilia’s MANTRA™ technology enabled an easy application of enterprise-grade intelligent process automation in ESG by allowing:
- Easy creation of robots that gather typical and alternative data from public and internal company documents like annual reports, sustainability reports, 8/10-k forms, corporate websites as well as external public content sources such as social media, NGOs communications, news sites, blog, forums, certifications, etc. which provide timely information on events relevant for ESG company profiling.
- Simplified document labeling and the training of AI models based on classification and document understanding algorithms that extract contents like texts, tables, charts, images, item lists, etc. from documents.
- Easy content storage and indexing into the multi-structured MANTRA Augmented Knowledge Graph (AKG).
- Simplified content labeling and ML models training (classification, language understanding) for extracting ESG datapoints and events from documents and texts.
- Easy creation of robots that apply AI models to vast amounts of content to recognize and extract ESG data points and events from data sources and store them in the multi-structured MANTRA AKG creating reach and deep semantic profiles of companies.
- Simplified method for analysis and visualization of algorithms, models, and robots to check if they act in an explainable, trustable, and ethical way.
- 50% to 80% cheaper than existing ESG datapoints gathering approaches.
- Scaled-up data gathering to tens thousands of companies’ profiles.
- Reduced the time needed to update companies’ profiles from weeks to days.
- Provided real-time ESG profiles updates for real-time ESG relevant events.
- Made ESG scoring more granular for both corporates and small caps.
- Increased transparency and trust that are critical for driving positive outcomes at both financial and social level.
SME Lending Automation
Issuing loans to SMEs is a complex, labour-intensive and fundamentally inefficient process. Our client bank was seeking AI and large-scale intelligent data analysis to allow an efficient, semi-automated credit assessment by exploiting alternative data while preserving human intervention where customized evaluations are critical.
Altilia’s technology enabled:
- Easy creation of robots that gather contents about Italian SMEs from myriad of public data sources (social media, news sites, aggregators, search engines, blogs, etc.), prepare, and automatically index them within the multi-structured MANTRA Augmented Knowledge Graph (AKG).
- Easy labeling of data and training of AI models that automate the extraction of relevant datapoints from texts by using language understanding capabilities. Some examples of datapoints, computed by sentiment analysis and machine reading comprehension algorithms are: customer satisfaction about SME services and products, information on adverse events impacting the SME and its target markets, etc.
- Automatic storing Italian SME profiles within the AKG. Profiles are used to feed credit scoring algorithms.
- Effortless creation of AI models that predict risk variations in the ability to repay loans, and raise early warning alerts.
- Prediction of SME defaults and worsening of the risk rate improved by up to 30%.
- Improved automation efficiency of digital lending platforms.
Intelligent Process Automation for Sales Pitch
Our client’s Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) division was seeking an AI solution capable of helping analysts, financial advisors, and salespersons be more effective in selling derivatives products to corporate clients. The challenge was to expand derivative products sales and improve margins. CIB needed timely and deep knowledge about the financial conditions of their customers and related competitors. At the same time, CIB was not keen to disrupt the underlying business model. CIB’s sales team was still needed to input their own evaluations. The goal was to leverage AI and automation to make the sales team more informed and efficient in managing customer relationships.
Altilia’s technology enabled:
- Easy creation of robots that gather balance sheets and notes to financial statements from pdf format.
- Easy labeling of documents and creation of robots based on document understanding algorithms that store and index document contents into the multi-structured MANTRA Augmented Knowledge Graph (AKG).
- Easy labeling of texts and training AI models that extract, by language understanding algorithms, datapoints like: no-EUR revenues, no-EUR credits and debits, floating rate MLT financing, debt maturity schedule, semantic analysis on rates exposures, intensity of commodity expenses, semantic analysis on commodity exposures, etc.
- Automatic population of company profiles in the MANTRA AKG with extracted alternative data.
- Easy creation of robots that apply risk scoring algorithms defined by the CIB when events and new data are detected.
- Using charts and reports that give synthetic overview of corporate exposure to debts, forex and commodity risks.
- Easy creation of robots that export, on desktops of analysts and salespersons, MS Power Point presentations that are used to describe to clients the exposure towards risks in comparison with their competitors.
- 200% revenue increase in derivatives sales by upselling to existing customers and new leads generation.
- Over 1000% increase in corporate profiles enrichment and sales pitches per year.